Words written by a confused and curious man who is forever growing older.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This is harder than I thought

Before I go into this post, I just wanted to let you all know a couple things that are on the horizon.  I'm hoping and praying for a NC State Wolfpack win this weekend because I want to do my next post on the experience I had at the 2002 Gator Bowl and how I hope we can pull together a special season like that again this year.  Also, on October 17th I'll be filming a commercial for the Doritos "Crash the Super Bowl" contest.  I'm hoping I can come up with something interesting from the experience so I can also post about that.  Last but not least....I'm going to be starting a podcast to go along with this blog.  It will be called "Hunks in Real Life" and have nothing to do with hunks in real life.  It will be me and a few of my friends making idiots out of ourselves in audio form.  We'll probably be covering the most irrelevant and random topics we can think of and I hope to have our first one done by next week, so more information on that will be forthcoming.

Sooooo, initially I thought I would have some really brilliant things to talk about on a daily basis or at least every other day, but come to find out, this is harder than I thought.

Then it hit me, I'll write an entire blog post about how people are always telling me that I look like Ryan Gosling and I'll call it F*ck you Ryan Gosling.  This was my one and only brilliant idea until I realized how pretentious it was.  Who the hell wants to hear some wanna-be actor/musician complain about being compared to a Hollywood A-lister, who's most notable film "The Notebook" makes women's clothes come off faster than a man who knows how to pay the bills on time (Thanks Troy).  There are just so many other important issues I could be covering....Darfur, college students who think it's a good idea to bring AK-47's to campus,  2012.  I mean I don't even see the resemblance.

If we were going to make a fair comparison, I'd think something more like Giovanni Ribisi would be a closer fit (especially in The Other Sister). 













Basically, when someone says "You look like Ryan Gosling" or "You remind me of Ryan Gosling" or "Hey, doesn't he kind of look like that guy from The Notebook", what I hear is "Hey, there is this guy in Hollywood who looks just like you except he's Oscar nominated, making millions of dollars doing what you want to be doing and generally just a lot cooler than you".  I  mean the S.O.B  even has an album out now Dead Man's Bones.

Come on Ryan, can't I have something to my own?  I mean maybe Ryan Gosling looks like Jeramy Blackford...did you ever think of that?  How about you get your management team in touch with my people about doing a film about twin brothers who were separated at birth, but one of them ended up in Hollywood making millions and the other was stuck blogging about it to his friends and family.  

Guess what I just did...what a pretentious ass...

**Side note: Thank you spell check for not recognizing my name and thinking that both my first and last names were misspelled.  Way to just add fuel to the fire...

4 comments:

  1. I learned nothing and was greatly entertained...
    You're on the right track, well done, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Giovanni mention. Glad you did it because you know Katie or I would have, if not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like Ryan Gooseling, its a baby goose I saw today that I named Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! i was gonna make some kind of "go hokies" post, and then i read the comment by ACTNSMRT08 and almost snarfed water out my nose.

    ReplyDelete